Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches

My guilty pleasure is buying magazines at the grocery store. It can be anything from Southern Living, At Home Arkansas, Women's World, People...you name it, I've probably thumbed through it and took it home because I just had to have it! This new magazine from Taste of Home is great for fall cooking and busy schedules "Casseroles, Slow Cooker & Soups".  I'm so glad I picked up this little gem  because I'm already loving all the food & drink recipes that I see. And I don't know about y'all, but I am so ready and excited for fall!! I am itching at decorating our home with pumpkins and leaves and lighting candles and sipping cider....I'm ready, are you?! 

Today's recipe comes from page 100 of the slow cooker section. By the way, the magazine is on news stands until October 10th.  But I must tell you, as we all do, I changed it just a tad bit. My son, Matt, loves pulled pork but with more of sweet sauce. So I added a 1/2 cup brown sugar to the sauce. Feel free to add what you want too, make it your own! If you like it spicy, chop up some jalapenos and add to it! Add whatever your taste buds desire!



Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Ingredients
1 boneless pork loin (4lbs)
1 can (14 1/2oz) beef broth
1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce, divided
1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
1 cup ketchup
1 cup molasses
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup prepared mustard
10 kaiser rolls, split

Cut roast in half and place in a 5 quart slow cooker.
In a small bowl combine broth, 1/3 Worcestershire sauce and 1/3 cup hot sauce.
Pour over roast
Cook,covered, on low for 8-10 hours, or until tender
Remove roast, discard cooking juices.
Shred pork with 2 forks.
Return pork to slow cooker

In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup, molasses, mustard and remaining Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Pour over pork and mix well. 
Cook, covered, on high 30 minutes or until heated through. 

Serve on split rolls with slaw, pickles and sweet tea!!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment