Wednesday, September 4, 2019

All of August

 Welcome September! Yes, I know it's odd to have a post titled "All of August" and immediately start talking about September. But, oh my goodness, am I ever glad September is here! August was a BUSY month for us and it's spilling over into September as we speak. Nobody ever told me as we got older, our days would get busier too. I feel like there is never enough hours in the day to accomplish what I want to. And there is so much to be done-and I'm a stay at home Mom! God bless the working Mom's out there who have to do it all and more! My to-do list is only getting longer because things just keep piling up on each other. So hopefully September will bring me a little relief after the 14th and let me catch up on that list.

So why was August so busy for us? Well, first it was back to school. That's a whole thing within itself. Meeting the teachers, school supply shopping, clothes shopping, getting back into routines and saying goodbye to our beloved summer that went by way too quickly. I also volunteered to be SAG chairperson this year for our PTA. SAG stands for Staff Appreciation Group. I make sure staff has food for busy times like Welcome Back to School, Parent Teacher Conferences, Teacher Appreciation, etc. So far I've pulled off one successful SAG event and the next will be for Parent Teacher Conferences. I was lucky enough to get donations from several local bakeries, I baked some goodies myself and everyone really loved it! I hope Parent Teacher Conferences go off just as smoothly.
A fun letter board to Welcome Staff Back to School.

A sweet spread of treats! Cookies donated by Rick's Bakery in Rogers.

Cream Horns made by me.

Cookie Dough donated by Bliss Cupcakes in Rogers.

Donuts from Rick's Bakery in Rogers.

Cake balls donated by Bliss Cupcakes in Rogers.

Cupcakes donated by Bliss Cupcakes in Rogers.

Apple sugar cookies made by me.


However, before that, we sent Matthew back to school and now he's in his own dorm room, that looks more like a little apartment. It's super cute and he's loving it. I do wish he had a roommate, though. It's always good to surround yourself with people. But he's an introvert who likes his space and I get that. In the end I'm super excited and proud of him. Our oldest son, Ryan, also decided to go back to school. He's taking on-line classes and working third shift. Yikes! I worked third shift for years and it's exhausting. But he has it figured out. And like, Matthew, I am very proud of him and excited for this next chapter in his life. I can't believe I have two college men now! My goodness, they make me proud!
The view outside of Matt's dorm is of the Razorback Stadium! Awesome view!

Big man on campus! Matt is so excited for this year!


The first day back to school was also my daughter's 9th Birthday! So I had to make sure her first day back to school Birthday was memorable. I felt so bad for her, having her birthday on the first day back but she was so excited! She's never celebrated her Birthday with her friends at school {once in preschool-but elementary school is much different}and so she was thrilled! I went all out for my girl too! We had a party with family on one weekend, my Aunt provided a sign for our front yard on her actual birthday, and then we had a party with her friends on another weekend. Her birthday was celebrated almost the whole month of August and she loved it! It was exhausting for me but so worth it! I can't believe I have a 9 year old now. And let me tell you, as much as I miss her being little, I also love this season in her life. She's so chatty, sweet and smart.
First Day back to School! 2nd Grade here he comes!

Birthday Girl!

First Day back to School! 3rd Grade Girl!

Yard Sign provided by NWA Yard Greetings! Check them out on Facebook!

Happy Birthday! Balloons provided by The Party Place in Rogers.


A puppy Birthday! Cake provided from Harp's Bakery in Rogers.

Birthday celebration with family.

Making a big wish!

Invitations provided by JuneArborDesigns on Etsy

Second Husky Cake for party #2

Goodie Doggie Bowls: Cocoa puffs (puppy chow), stuffy, juice, bracelet (dog collar), scooby snacks
Dog Bowls from the Dollar Tree, Stuffy and collars from Amazon.

Painting party-can you guess what they are going to paint?

Sketching her art after canvas dried.

Will's puppy & Mary Kate's puppy. How cute are these?!

Friends artwork.

Thank you, Imagine Studios in Rogers for hosting our sweet girl and her friends!
A week after Mary Kate's Birthday was Ryan's 22nd Birthday. Yes, I said 22. How is that even possible?? Ryan actually surprised me on his Birthday and showed up at the house that morning to say HI and then later that afternoon we went out for a quick bite to eat and a drink. We talked goals, faith, family and future plans. Ryan is our Conan O'Brien doppelganger {twin}. He's funny, charming, sweet and just all round good guy. Don't let his tatoos fool you-he's a total teddy bear!

Our Birthday Man!


After all of the birthdays we then had our dear friends, Tom and Rachel, from Tulsa came to Arkansas for a visit and to kick off the first Razorback game with us and our neighbors! They bought a Mercedes Benz and they took us out for a night on the town in it and oh my goodness, it was AWESOME! Drives like a dream! I didn't drive it, I rode shotgun-but was the smoothest ride ever! Their sweet daughter, Elle, babysat for us while we went out and let me tell you, this girl is so precious to us. Her heart is so kind and loving and the kids just love her like a cousin! She always plays with them and makes it a fun night! Thank you, Elle, for always making them feel special!
Mercedes Benz Baby! So happy for Tom and Rachel and their new ride! 

Elle helping them figure out a video game. She is like a cousin to them. We just adore her!

And finally, but not least. August was also the 50th wedding anniversary of my in-laws and my Mom in laws birthday too. I can't tell you enough how much I love my in laws. They are an inspiration as a couple. Just like my parents are. They are funny, loving, light hearted, kind, and we wish we could have celebrated with them and put on a BIG party for them. My heart aches so much that we couldn't be there to do that for them. Because they deserve to be celebrated so much. And my Mom in Law is so incredible as a Mom, Wife and Nana to her grandkids. She is everything I want to be as Grandma when I grow older. She has so much energy for the kids and she makes things fun for them. She plays games with them, bakes for them, spends time with them and she is so funny and sweet. The kids and I love the time we get to spend with her. I am incredibly blessed to have her as my Mom in Law. Vickie, if you are reading this just know I love you to no end. You are one of the most talented, smartest and most beautiful women I know. You are a blessing to this family more than you know. I absolutely adore you and hope you had a beautiful birthday and even more beautiful anniversary. WE LOVE YOU!!!
Young and in love.

50 years of love and marriage.

An inspirational couple.

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday! We love you!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment